The Icom 7610 spectrum scope and display is just as good as any I have ever seen on a modern ham radio transceiver. It is the best touchscreen on any HF radio today. When compared to the Icom 7300, it is larger and sharper. However, both radios (IC-7300, IC-7610) give the user different viewing options and excellent quality.
This is just the beginning and there are more display options available. Important footnote below.
Let’s just start by changing the spectrum scope and some of it’s parameters. The default scope and display is okay by me, but it’s fun to have a different look at times. It’s like having a new radio each time it’s powered on.
Icom 7610 Spectrum Scope
To display the spectrum scope (just like on the Icom 7300) push the M. SCOPE button on the front of the radio for one second. Next, tap the EXPD/SET soft button for one second. Scroll up to the top.
- Max Hold, OFF
- CENTER Type Display, Carrier Point Center (Displays the carrier point frequency of the selected operating mode in the center of the SPECTRUM SCOPE screen)
- Averaging, 3 (smoothes out the FFT scope)
- Waveform Type, Fill+Line
- Waveform Color (Current), Black (RGB values)
- Waveform Color (Line), Green (RGB values)
- Waterfall Speed, Fast
- Waterfall Size (Expand Screen), Large
- Waterfall Peak Color Level, Grid 6 (adds a bit more color)
- Dual Scope Type, Side by Side
Information on these parameters can be found in the Icom 7610 advanced manual on pages 39 & 40.
Icom 7610 Display & Meter
Push the MENU button, SET and Display to enter the options below.
- Display Type, B (more color in the display)
- Display Font, Round
- Meter Response (Standard, Edgewise), Slow
- Meter Type (Expand Screen), Edgewise
- My Call, K0PIR (opening message)
Information on these parameters can be found in the Icom 7610 basic instruction manual on pages 8-8 & 8-9.
Have a look at the video below and look at the different display options available.
There are significant changes in the Icom 7610 spectrum display from the Icom 7300. We have RBW, VBW, MAIN & SUB options. So much to see! We have just scratched the surface. Next we’ll look at FIX and CENTER MODE.
Thank you for visiting and please subscribe to my YouTube channel. Videos usually come out before the article on the website.
I appreciate the comments and e-mails. I’m good on QRZ.
Have you made some changes to your 7610 or 7300? Please comment below.
Have fun, Happy New Year and Best 73! – Rich, K0PIR
IMPORTANT: IF YOU DRIVE A LINEAR AMPLIFIER WITH YOUR ICOM 7610, INCREASE YOUR TX DELAY TO AT LEAST 10MS. MINE IS SET TO 20MS BECAUSE I USE AN AMERITRON AL-811. PG 8-3 ICOM 7610 BASIC MANUAL. (See Sherwood link above)