Yes the WinKeyer3 will work beautifully with Ham Radio Deluxe Digital Master 780 and the settings are very easy. To upgrade your WinKeyer2 to WinKeyer3 see my previous post, Upgrade Winkeyer 2 to Winkeyer 3. Winkeyer3 will also send RTTY FSK! More on that to come.
You can purchase the cables for WinKeyer USB from K1EL or maybe you have them laying around in a junk drawer as I did.
- USB Cable, A to B
- Keying Cable, RCA to radio keying plug (CW)
A paddle will plug right into the the Winkeyer.
Ham Radio Deluxe Digital Master (DM780) Settings
- Start DM780.
- Go to Program Options>Soundcard.
- Set the Input (Receive) device to your soundcard (USB Audio CODEC for Icom 7300 and Icom 7610).
- Set the Output (Transmit) device your soundcard (USB Audio CODEC for Icom 7300 and Icom 7610).
- Select PTT. Check via Ham Radio Deluxe.
- Select Modes+IDs (see the video below).
- Select “CW (WinKey)” mode.
- Set the port for WinKeyer and click “Connect”.
Update 9/3/2019: Winkeyer3 RTTY FSK – I made a couple of cables for the Icom 7300 and Icom 7610 and RTTY FSK is working. Steve, K1EL was a great help.
If you have any questions, comments or solutions, please comment below. I prefer the comment section here or in YouTube over e-mail because your comments and questions will help others as well.