Icom 7610 HDSDR and Icom I/Q Package
The Icom 7610 HDSDR instructions and Icom 7610 I/Q package is available now! With the latest Icom firmware (v1.20, released 8-24-2018) we get use of the USB3.0 port on the rear of the Icom 7610 and now we can run HDSDR with the radio. Don’t forget my article getting the Icom 7300 up and running with HDSDR. Doing it with the Icom 7610 is easier, but also twice as expensive, hi!
Icom 7610 HDSDR is Easy
It may look a little complicated at first, but it’s very simple.
- Update the firmware.
- Install HDSDR.
- Install IC-7610 USB I/Q Package for HDSDR.
- Connect a USB 3.0 cable between your PC and the Icom 7610 rear USB 3.0 (blue) port.
- Power on the Icom 7610.
- Check the driver installation.
- Open HDSDR and configure a couple of things.
- Click start and you have it!
Icom 7610 HDSDR Cautions
There are only a few things to be aware of.
- Do not attach the USB 3.0 cable before the software is installed.
- Use as short of cable as possible to avoid issues.
- Turn off the Icom 7610 before attaching the USB 3.0 cable to it.
- Verify you are using the blue port on the rear of the 7610 and of course a blue port on your computer. Those are USB 3.0.
- In HDSDR if you’ve been using it with other radios or software, you may want to reset it.
- Do not try to setup CAT control with OmniRig of DDE to HDSDR. The ExtIO_IC7610 will take care of it.
- Setup the soundcard in HDSDR to your PC audio device (speakers).
The rest is in the video. Enjoy!
Wow! It was easy and I really like the software Icom developed for the Icom 7610. Can’t wait to get CW skimmer running.
I’ll be in Yellowstone the week of September 2nd. Watch for me on the air. I’m activating Yellowstone for Parks On The Air (POTA).
A big thanks to subscribers and everyone who posts questions, comments and sends emails with ideas and suggestions. I sincerely appreciate it and hope this website helps Ham operators.
If you have a question or suggestion, please comment below. I will do my best to answer it and your experience will help others as well.
USB 3.0 cable