MacLoggerDX and JS8Call Configuration Part II
It’s easy to get MacLoggerDX and JS8Call configured. Just follow the instructions and pictures below. There is also a good video. Remember, if you need to see screen captures for the Icom radio internal settings I have them here for the 7300 and here for the 7610. JS8Call will work on Windows, Linux and the popular Raspberry Pi3.
There are only a few items to configure to get MacLoggerDX configured to receive QSOs from JS8Call.
- Under Preferences and the Station tab, check off WSJT-X, DXLab TCP, UDP Broadcast and N1MM UDP. You may not need all of those, but it won’t hurt anything.
- Under the Radio tab, configure your radio. The one I am using is the Icom 7610. See below and in the video.
- I have more info in the video you may find useful.
- Under Preferences and the Radio Tab, set the Rig to DXLab Suite Commander. Under CATControl and Network Server set it to localhost:5002.
- Under the Rig Options tab, see the screen capture below.
- Go to the Audio tab and set the Soundcard input and output to the USB Audio CODEC.
- Go to the Reporting tab. Under UDP API change/verify the UDP port to 2237 and enable all of the check boxes next to it. Picture below.
If you have any questions, comments or solutions, please comment below. I prefer the comment section here or in YouTube over e-mail because your comments and questions will help others as well.