NEW Fldigi Real CW via DTR Keying
This is new to me, Fldigi real cw via DTR keying. No more sending SSB CW with Fldigi. This feature came out a little while back, but with everything going on I missed it. I am using a CW USB Keying Cable, but there are other options. A good informational source for Fldigi is the WinFldigi forum on Groups.io.
- Get the latest Fldigi here. It is available for Windows, Mac and Linux. I hear it works great on all three platforms.
Fldigi Real CW
- Put the radio in CW mode and you can use your CW filters. The Icom 7610 has APF.
- See my Icom 7610 and Icom 7300 Screen Capture Pages for internal menu settings on these radios.
- For integrating these two programs have a look at Icom 7610 Rig Control N3FJP Amateur Contact Log and Fldigi.
Fldigi Configuration For ACLog
- You can use a CW interface (Separate Keying Serial Port), but you can also use a USB serial (COM) port for DTR keying. See first image below.
Right now I am using a CW interface, but have tried it different ways and it works great. I have not had any trouble keying at 12-18wpm. Many users have reported much, much higher speeds.
- Disable CW keying in ACLog. You may be able to enable it later, but get Fldigi sending real CW first.
- In Fldigi go to Fldigi configuration>Logging>N3FJP logs and enable connect. See second image below.
Fdigi Configuration Screenshots For ACLog
Fldigi Configuration for Icom 7610 Using RigCAT
- For RigCAT we need a .xml file for the rig you are using. There is an .xml for the Icom 7300. However, Fldigi does not come with a .xml file for the Icom 7610, so I edited a .xml and it works FB. You can download my 7610.xml here. Download the 7300.xml from Sourceforge here.
In Hamlib there is a Icom 7610, but it is untested and I have not used it yet.
- With the Icom 7610 we get two virtual serial ports. Com4 is my CI-V serial port and I decided to try Com5 which is used for DTR keying. See second image below
Fdigi Configuration Screenshots For Icom 7610 Standalone
There are more ways to configure this.
- For Icom transceivers: Use a CI-V cable for rig control in Fldigi (RigCAT) and then a CW interface for DTR keying. This configuration leaves your USB cable open for rig control in your logging program.
- “Unlink from [REMOTE]” must be used in the Icom menu.
If you have any questions, please ask below.
Since my stroke I am alternating between the software and my paddle, decoding what I can with the help of notepad. It is my form of therapy, hi hi. By practicing I hope too improve my memory, fist and typing.
I hope all is well where you are.
Coming Soon – I will have a video, article and pictures of my campers Hi-Q mobile antenna installation, the updated solar installation and an update on my Tarheel 200A mobile antenna.
If you have any questions, comments or solutions, please comment below. I prefer the comment section here or in YouTube over e-mail because your comments and questions will help others as well.