SDRuno Hack for the Icom 7610
I stumbled upon a SDRuno hack for the Icom 7610. There was a post a while back saying that SDRuno could be used with the Icom 7610. Until lately I hadn’t tried it. You may be surprised at how good it looks. Up until now I have only been using HDSDR, an excellent program. See the article, Icom 7610 HDSDR and Icom I/Q Package . HDSDR works great with CW Skimmer too. See this, 24 kHz CW Skimmer with the Icom 7610 | How To.
I first saw this on Groups.io. I believe Max, IK0TIX first posted it. There are a few different ways to get this working, but here is how I got it working on my Win10 PC.
- First get HDSDR working. You can see how to here.
- Copy the folder, ExtIO_IC7610 and file ExtIO_IC7610.dll to your Documents folder.
- Download and install SDRuno.
- The first time you open SDRuno (EXTIO) use the “Run as administrator” link by right-clicking on the icon.
Here are the instructions from the original poster. Thanks Max, IK0TIX:
- Install both software in your PC the 7610Extio.dll must be saved in the documents folder and in “C:\Program Files (x86)\SDRplay\SDRuno”.
- Don’t start SDRuno with icon on desktop. Open directory SDRuno (C:\Program Files (x86)\SDRplay\SDRuno) and search “SDRuno.EXTIO.exe”
- Launch “SDRuno.EXTIO.exe” like Administrator. When folder are opened search in the folder ic7610.dll – Max, IK0TIX.
You can see everything I did in the video.
If you have any questions, comments or solutions, please comment below. I prefer the comment section here or in YouTube over e-mail because your comments and questions will help others as well.